Akbar a Mughal king [1543-1605] of India had nine brilliant courtiers “[Navratnas.]“He was wise and secular and had wives belonging to different religions.
This frog like picture was languishing in the computer, so I made use of it;with no relevance to the king.
Be topped with spires of intellect
Bedecked with gems fine
Bequeathed with radiance
Of the alluring nine.[a description of the King's court.]
The list of courtiers;
1. Effervescent with wit wisdom was the wise Birbal
2. The chronicler or of Akbar’s rule was Abul Fazl.
3. Faizi wrote verses in Persian, also a tutor to his son.
4. Tansen a classical singer
whose renderings could light up the land
or bring down a rain shower.
5. . Finance minister Raja Todar Mall
Improving the Revenue system was his call.
6. Raja Man Singh a lieutenant so trusted
In many fronts he assisted.
7. Abdul Rahim Khan- I -Khan a poet
8. Advisors Fagir Aizoodin and 9. Mullar Do Piaza
Were of cutting intellect.
The king it is said, was a dyslexic
he did not know to read or write
yet a connoisseur of culture and finesse
with his noble might.
Welcome to Authspot, the spot for creative writing.
Read some stories and poems, and be sure to subscribe to our feed!