Inspirational quotes to help you live a peaceful and meaning life.
- Listen and read not to disprove and contradict, nor to believe or take for granted, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider.
- To read without reflecting is like eating without digestion.
- Men do not understand books until they have had a certain amount of life, until they have seen and lived at least part of their contents.
- I am not a speed reader. I am a speed understander.
- If all printers were determined not to print anything till they were sure it would not offend anybody, there would be very little printed.
- Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for.
- Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today – but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
- The only books that influence us are those for which we are ready, and which have gone a little farther down our particular path than we have yet got ourselves.
- When I read about the way in which library funds are being cut and cut, I can only think that American society has found one more way to destroy itself.
- To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
- There are sadistic scientists who hurry to hunt down errors instead of establishing the truth.
- Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.