Ten witty excuses for staying in bed in the morning.
Are you exhausted? You don’t want to get out of bed. Too bad. It’s time to get up. Here are ten excuses for not getting out of bed in the morning:
1. My body is being possessed by aliens. It has put me into deep freeze mode. I can’t get out of bed.
2. If I don’t get more sleep, I’ll blow the final exam. Now let me refresh my brain for a little while longer.
3. What is awakening but the absence of sleep? I must rest my soul so that my body and soul can come together in harmony.
4. I’ll get up soon. Really I will. Just five more minutes. On second thought, make it ten. Ah hell, make it two hours. I promise that I will be up by noon. I never lie. (Ha, ha)
5. Lions sleep for twenty hours. Who am I compared to a lion? I’d rather snore than roar.
6. My head is saying yes, but my body is saying no. I always go with my body.
7. That was only the first alarm that rang. I have at least two more to go. Wake me up after the third ring.
8. I know that I have to get up and get ready for school. I’ll make it to the school bus on time. Let me just turn back the clock for an hour first.
9. I can’t…I can’t…I can’t…get out of bed. I am under the sleeping spell cast by the great witch Esmerelda. You cannot see her, but she is among us right now. Curse you Esmeralda. I shall smite you in another hour or two.
10. It’s Saturday. No one gets up early on Saturday. You want to make me the laughing stock of my school. It is my patriotic duty to sleep for a few hours longer. You wouldn’t want to begrudge a patriot?
Image via Wikipedia
Welcome to Authspot, the spot for creative writing.
Read some stories and poems, and be sure to subscribe to our feed!